...based on an idea I saw on the blogosphere somewhere once upon a time and when I finally got around to making it, it was even more amazing than I thought it'd be.
When I first laid eyes on this sweet potato/black bean/cilantro/lime/avocado dish during a Pinterest vortex, I thought--I love all. these. things. But I never would've thought to put them together! Which is also why it took several weeks for me to actually make it... I kept forgetting to buy at least one ingredient.

This dish was well worth the wait, though. I did a little tweaking of the original (can't not!), and the second time I made it, I forgot to buy a jalapeño—and while it does work without it if you're not a fan of heat, the jalapeño really gives the dressing a bright, fresh bite to it. Ahhhmazing.
Sidenote on my use of the word dressing: it's not quite an accurate descriptor. Sauce might be? But still not quite. It's essentially a thick, creamy, Greek-yogurt-and-avocado-based topping with cilantro, lime, and jalapeño—but I thought that might be a bit of a mouthful.
I'm excited to share this recipe—perfect for Meatless Monday—and let me know if you make it!
First, start out with a mostly baked sweet potato. (The kind with orange flesh. People up north seem to call the long potatoes with white flesh "sweet potatoes", but I grew up with my relatives in the Deep South using this name for the orange ones, and I think Don't argue with the Deep South about their food is a safe rule of thumb for life in general.)

A medium potato typically takes about an hour at 400F, give or take 10 minutes depending on your oven. I like to do things in advance so we're not eating dinner at 8:30PM (seriously, I'm too old for that), so I'll often make this the night before and reheat it when I'm throwing everything else together.
Ingredients

2 baked sweet potatoes

Filling:
15oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 red onion, diced
cilantro (a handful, or to taste)
red pepper flakes and salt, to taste

Topping:
1 avocado
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4c. plain greek yogurt
jalapeño, seeded
3 garlic cloves
cilantro (a handful)
juice of 1 lime
Combine black beans, onion, cilantro, salt, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.

Slice potatoes down the middle, and fill the opening with the prepared black beans.

Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes.
For the topping, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. It's that simple! Peppers can definitely vary in spiciness depending on—I don't know... their mood that day?—so I recommend starting with half of the seeded pepper and tasting as you go.
When the potatoes and beans are nice and hot, plate them and add the topping. It might be the best part, so don't be shy with it!

Pictures can't do this dish justice. The combination of flavors is fantastic, and with the potato, black beans, and avocado dressing-sauce-topping, it is absolutely a complete meal in itself. Deliciously surprising flavors—pair it with some iced tea and you're golden.
Enjoy!

xoxo

Comments

03/20/2016 9:08am

If you are looking for the healthy food tips are tricks have to content with your physician, that food recipe you share that is also wonderful and seem healthy for everyone.

02/06/2017 2:58am

MAXTROPIN Hazard of maintaining it. It is a well-known MAXTROPIN truth that bad food plan leads to diseases, like weight MAXTROPIN problems.

04/07/2016 3:54am

The use of fresh fruit, vegetable and the fresh food is good for healthy life, if we use the fresh food in our life we will never fell unhealthy.

03/31/2017 2:54am

Stack Xtreme The only utility of deed to the gym is not the Stack Xtreme unit disadvantage but added firsthand think Stack Xtreme is to body the muscles. There are actually opposite techniques to chassis the muscles. Stack Xtreme You strength bang seen galore injections or.

06/30/2016 5:02pm

This is going to be a very healthy and at the same time tasty food for sure. Many people really don't like to engage in those kind of foods, but as in this recipe, I really think that it can catch the attention of some people, because it has a sweet potato and avocado in it, two of which are both delicious and yummy. I like the idea of having an avocado dressing for this fresh and healthy meal, because it really is going to make the meal go down easier. Many people I know would really neglect this if they see this, because they really are not the healthy living kind of person, but I think that if they get to taste this one, then surely they'll be able to love it.

07/17/2016 6:04am

It's a great recipe! I like it so much!

07/29/2016 11:43am

There are variations in the ingredients used. While all are considered to be modifications of cream bars, sorbet is usually dairy-free, and is normally made from water and various fruits and veggies, freezing yogurt is a healthier alternative to soft cream bars as it uses milk.

A coffee bean is a seed of the coffee plant, and is the hotspot for caffeine in a cup of coffee. ...

08/04/2016 11:51am

it curbs youer hunger

08/05/2016 3:58am

I was seeking a profitable business for part-time income. I found payme0 as an online investment. It saves me so much time and I am excited to say that I am thinking about buying websites as a business.

08/06/2016 2:26am

good

Find recipes and information about Iced Caramel Macchiato. Iced Caramel Macchiato Recipe from the Iced Caramel Macchiato collection at icedcaramelmacchiato.com

08/24/2016 7:12am

helo....
nice post ever

08/24/2016 11:09am

Find a great selection of Dressy Tops & Plus Size Dressy Tops at www.dressytops.net.The most fashionable and Dressy Evening Tops for women to wear for night.

Welcome to Lion Cubs, Lion Cubs for Sale, Baby Lion Cubs, White Lion Cubs, Lion Cubs Facts, We are licensed breeders of Lion Cubs and Mountain Lion Cubs…

nice postttt....
wonderfull

08/25/2016 6:27am

Fantastic post !!! I really impresed by the way you write this blog. Share more unique stuff with us.

08/25/2016 3:26pm

Looking for Chicken Breast Recipe? Our huge collection of top-rated Fried Chicken Breast Recipe, will ensure you never run out of great ideas...

08/25/2016 9:34pm

helo
guyzzz.
nice post...

08/26/2016 7:19am

nice post.

nice post..

Find and save ideas about Handmade Christmas Card Ideas, Photo Christmas Card Ideas, Christmas Card Greeting Ideas at www.christmascardideas.org..

Learning how to make homemade yogurt at home is simple with this easy Homemade Yogurt Recipe. Homemade Frozen Yogurt tastes great, and is better for you too

09/04/2016 10:05am

We specialize in assisting our clients with getting an EU residency permit through Poland. Access to 22 EU countries. Residency & Security for peace of mind.

Shop the latest Online Women Clothing from the top designers. We have Women clothing, Yoga Clothing for Women, and much more all at rock bottom prices.

09/28/2016 1:14pm

Caprese Skewers are a simple appetizer that doesn't involve cooking. Everyone loves Caprese Salad Skewers.save recipes about Caprese Skewers on capreseskewers.net.

Which is not something I usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

Thanks.

10/24/2016 12:44pm

Find and save ideas about Caprese Skewers on Pinterest, the world's catalog of ideas. | See more about Skewers, Appetizers and Caprese Salad Skewers.

10/30/2016 1:03am

DELICIOUS !!!!!!

10/30/2016 1:07am

really nice blog !!!

03/28/2017 1:11am

You can wear a black suit almost anywhere. Black suits are suitable for occasions like funerals, weddings, office, business meetings and other formal occasions. But then, black colour suits are not suitable for wearing everyday and for some situations. It appears gorgeous when you wear it with suitable combinations. Some of the tips for wearing a black suit are as follows:

I like your blog post. Keep on writing this type of great stuff. I'll make sure to follow up on your blog in the future.

09/02/2017 4:31pm

Everyday many people need new information. To get it is by reading a good article like this.

09/07/2017 6:40am

The three most interesting attractions, and welcome to our place. Tourist facilities, cleanliness and care.

09/08/2017 4:48am

Hi,

i was find the best blog for small time.

09/08/2017 4:49am

Hi,

I search about some nice and best blog.

09/11/2017 6:10am

Do you need a reliable web hosting? We are here to to complete your needs.

09/20/2017 5:00am

It is a learning institution for those of you who want to fluent in English.

09/23/2017 3:00am

Laundry sofas with Fast service, done by Professional Workers and remove mushrooms on your sofa. For all workmanship, We give GUARANTEE

09/26/2017 10:17pm

These birds are called barred parakeets (Bolborhynchus lineola). In the wild they can be found in South America. They are intelligent animals that can imitate human voices.

10/17/2017 7:36am

A trip to Thousand Island with package tours is the right choice. Enjoy a special culinary on Pulau seribu. Especially the restaurant on Ayer Island as floating above the sea, it is based on the concept resortnya.

10/23/2017 5:18am

We're committed to getting you the Denpasar car rental you need, when you need it, at an affordable price that won’t break the bank. Book your rental car here at CarRental today and get ready for your close-up.

10/28/2017 1:30am

Small colonial house plans offer symmetrical designs, often featuring porches, keystone, dormers and front door panels with sidelights. Windows multi paned, hung twice with shutters.

10/31/2017 12:14am

You can make your dwelling look more modern and elegant. Another advantage is that the owner does not require a household assistant because of the size that is not so large. Slightly different from other home designs, to give a broad impression.

11/02/2017 7:29am

You will not be able to request your brand again, because someone else has already registered it first to the relevant agency that handles the trademark issue ie the Directorate General of Intellectual Property Rights.

11/07/2017 3:51am

Your business is getting smoother and more elegant with good mobility support. We provide a variety of cars with monthly rental packages for your business. Serves business trips, family recreation, airport shuttle and other necessities.

11/08/2017 4:45pm

We are affiliated with the best Denpasar car rental suppliers offering the best services at competitive prices. Business travelers can also book a car rental with us. It has many famous destination institutions with tourism.

11/09/2017 4:14am

Last year we were eight points behind City at one point and then we registered a winning pace and I hope we can do the same. Chelsea have a chance to run out of breath as the season progresses.

11/10/2017 2:22am

How to make a big room look modern. Minimalist Home Architecture A common problem when decorating a large room is that your furniture can look too small for space.

11/13/2017 5:20pm

May be, the use of a minimalist home has become a trend. Many people from both the village and the city, especially in big city, any people choose a minimalist house.

11/22/2017 4:51am

If you already understand SEO well have technical experience related to SEO have a lot of time, then you can do SEO your own website. So we further recommend you to use SEO Services. Please contact us immediately if you would like to take advantage of our promo program.