...based on the traditional Thanksgiving side that is often shaped like a can.
Don't get me wrong—I grew up on cranberry sauce shaped like a can. I have fond memories of it, from childhood through college. In fact one of my most embarrassing (but amusing) moments of all time involve Thanksgiving cranberry sauce shaped like a can. This sounds like a total lie, but it's not. (I just tried to summarize the story in a sentence or two, though, and it can't be done...you'll just have to trust me.)

But! This recipe is so simple, so easy, and takes hardly any time or work—which is always a bonus during the holidays.

The pears do a lovely job of sweetening the ever-so-tart cranberries naturally, and then honey does the rest of the work. Plus a hint of cinnamon, my all-time favorite secret ingredient.

Ingredients
                                                12oz fresh cranberries
                                                 2 ripe pears, cubed                                                                                                   1/2c. + 1 Tbsp. honey
                                                        1 c. water
                                                  3/4 tsp. cinnamon
                                     optional: 2-3 Clementine orange slices

Directions
1. In large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until cranberries pop and the sauce thickens.

2. Adjust honey if needed. I usually start with 1/2c. and end up adding a little more.

3. Use a potato masher to blend all ingredients until it reaches desired consistency. Allow to cool before serving—although this cranberry-pear sauce is also lovely warm!
This can be made a day in advance and is just as good.

Enjoy!!

Comments

06/15/2016 8:49am

I like this article because it show me the different types of delicious recipes that we can try at our own home.Its a sweet recipe and it will be very enjoyable by the kids. Sometimes parents get irritating of their children because they takes their too much time of their mothers but they still love them and there is not altar native than the women.

10/03/2016 11:17pm

New one cranberry recipe for me! Looks very nice, need to try this ;)

05/04/2017 7:14pm

Your cranberry and pear sauce is a perfect combination. It is perfect for the turkey every holiday. That looks yummy and I will definitely try your version of it. Last year's Thanksgiving I used gravy and I am thinking of making a traditional sauce for this year. I hope that my family would like my idea because every year I serve turkey with gravy. I wish they will appreciate the slight change in the menu.

12/02/2016 12:04am

Can't find all that ingridients now! Will save this recipe till the next summer ;)

I'd never thought you can mix cranberries and pears. This is absolutely delicious. This recipe is perfect on top of my cream cheese cake. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I will surely post my finish product in your site.

I love cranberries! They are the best fruit that ever existed in this world. Cranberries are rich in various healthy vitamins and plant compounds. Some of which have been shown to be effective against urinary tract infections. But due to their very sharp and sour taste, cranberries are rarely eaten raw. That is why, they are most often consumed in the form of juice, which is normally sweetened and blended with other fruit juices.

I need credited with giving you a chance to flourish blog in the event that I can accomplish for you in this web journal?

05/07/2017 2:46am

06/21/2017 2:28pm

There is absolutely no doubt that growing peppers and chillies is easy, so why not try and grow the world's hottest chillies? If you are seriously into hot chillies, and you don't know about the Naga chilli, there's a treat in store for you.

06/30/2017 1:27am

Virtual Private Network gives you a chance to utilize the web all the more safely and gives you a chance to defeat territorial limitations.When determining the best VPN for Android, you need to look out for a few things. Evryone is looking for Fastest and Safe VPN. You can check here No.of Best VPN listed. Psiphon VPN is a great tool for you to go surfing on internet freely and it's free!

09/05/2017 12:36am

Very interesting. I need guidance to get the new science right.

09/08/2017 5:55pm

Very attractive, interesting article. Congratulations and success, informative I love it.

09/13/2017 1:23am

Many thanks for You. Good web and SEO services, please visit this address for more information.

09/20/2017 7:18pm

You can choose a course that suits your basic English, here.

09/27/2017 10:12am

Feed Kacer Birds. The main food of these birds are insects, but sometimes they prey on worms and sometimes also eat fruits, there are even Kacer who also consume honey. Kacer is maintained in addition to Extra Fooding such as crickets, caterpillars, kroto (ant eggs) and grasshoppers.ur.

09/27/2017 10:23am

10/18/2017 3:10am

Many travel agencies incorporate this island into vacation trip packages. Pulau seribu is a group of beauty island that is not found elsewhere. On this island there are already inns that are usually included in the holiday package.

10/23/2017 9:40pm

For long-term leases such as monthly and yearly rentals, we also provide special rates that will help your mobility needs. We are car rental companies in Bali

10/28/2017 9:50am

House plans generally stick to one story level because this is the perfect architecture when you want to have as wide an area as possible around the structure, columns or interior arches, and large breezy windows. Mediterranean house plans are generally built in lower lower regions

10/31/2017 8:54am

The cost of buying a property like a house has gone up in a frenzy unlike in previous years. Presumably having a home for a newly married couple is a dream that is quite difficult to achieve. But it is not impossible.

11/02/2017 10:51pm

In the event that a trademark is approved for registration, the DJKI shall be obligated to issue a Mark Registration Certificate within 15 (fifteen) days from the date of the Trademark Registration.

11/04/2017 9:39am

A tip in building a residence or doing an affordable home remodeling, of course must be done very mature planning. This is necessary in order to minimize a risk of budget swelling.

11/07/2017 8:42am

We make sure they will not mark up the price for personal use as long as your company uses the car rental service from our service. Even many of our tenants are very familiar with our drivers like friends because we always put forward friendly service.

11/09/2017 9:29am

The Sun mentions that PSG has contacted the manager's agent and has also expressed a desire, so that United's coach can leave to Paris.

11/10/2017 4:47pm

If you're not sure where to start, professional interior architects might be able to help you to make your Interior Design a charming and more modern look.

11/14/2017 2:30pm

It will determine the beauty of the house you choose. The exterior of the house also should not escape your attention. Tricks create a small park at minimalist home.

11/22/2017 11:09am

We will list your business in the largest local business directory in Indonesia!, We help Google to communicate with your website and manage many aspects of how Google sees your website.