...based on the traditional Thanksgiving side that is often shaped like a can.
Don't get me wrong—I grew up on cranberry sauce shaped like a can. I have fond memories of it, from childhood through college. In fact one of my most embarrassing (but amusing) moments of all time involve Thanksgiving cranberry sauce shaped like a can. This sounds like a total lie, but it's not. (I just tried to summarize the story in a sentence or two, though, and it can't be done...you'll just have to trust me.)

But! This recipe is so simple, so easy, and takes hardly any time or work—which is always a bonus during the holidays.

The pears do a lovely job of sweetening the ever-so-tart cranberries naturally, and then honey does the rest of the work. Plus a hint of cinnamon, my all-time favorite secret ingredient.

Ingredients
                                                12oz fresh cranberries
                                                 2 ripe pears, cubed                                                                                                   1/2c. + 1 Tbsp. honey
                                                        1 c. water
                                                  3/4 tsp. cinnamon
                                     optional: 2-3 Clementine orange slices

Directions
1. In large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, until cranberries pop and the sauce thickens.

2. Adjust honey if needed. I usually start with 1/2c. and end up adding a little more.

3. Use a potato masher to blend all ingredients until it reaches desired consistency. Allow to cool before serving—although this cranberry-pear sauce is also lovely warm!
This can be made a day in advance and is just as good.

Enjoy!!

Comments

06/15/2016 8:49am

I like this article because it show me the different types of delicious recipes that we can try at our own home.Its a sweet recipe and it will be very enjoyable by the kids. Sometimes parents get irritating of their children because they takes their too much time of their mothers but they still love them and there is not altar native than the women.

10/03/2016 11:17pm

New one cranberry recipe for me! Looks very nice, need to try this ;)

05/04/2017 7:14pm

Your cranberry and pear sauce is a perfect combination. It is perfect for the turkey every holiday. That looks yummy and I will definitely try your version of it. Last year's Thanksgiving I used gravy and I am thinking of making a traditional sauce for this year. I hope that my family would like my idea because every year I serve turkey with gravy. I wish they will appreciate the slight change in the menu.

12/02/2016 12:04am

Can't find all that ingridients now! Will save this recipe till the next summer ;)

I'd never thought you can mix cranberries and pears. This is absolutely delicious. This recipe is perfect on top of my cream cheese cake. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I will surely post my finish product in your site.

I love cranberries! They are the best fruit that ever existed in this world. Cranberries are rich in various healthy vitamins and plant compounds. Some of which have been shown to be effective against urinary tract infections. But due to their very sharp and sour taste, cranberries are rarely eaten raw. That is why, they are most often consumed in the form of juice, which is normally sweetened and blended with other fruit juices.

I need credited with giving you a chance to flourish blog in the event that I can accomplish for you in this web journal?

05/07/2017 2:46am

06/21/2017 2:28pm

There is absolutely no doubt that growing peppers and chillies is easy, so why not try and grow the world's hottest chillies? If you are seriously into hot chillies, and you don't know about the Naga chilli, there's a treat in store for you.

06/30/2017 1:27am

Virtual Private Network gives you a chance to utilize the web all the more safely and gives you a chance to defeat territorial limitations.When determining the best VPN for Android, you need to look out for a few things. Evryone is looking for Fastest and Safe VPN. You can check here No.of Best VPN listed. Psiphon VPN is a great tool for you to go surfing on internet freely and it's free!

09/05/2017 12:36am

Very interesting. I need guidance to get the new science right.

09/08/2017 5:55pm

Very attractive, interesting article. Congratulations and success, informative I love it.

09/13/2017 1:23am

Many thanks for You. Good web and SEO services, please visit this address for more information.

09/20/2017 7:18pm

You can choose a course that suits your basic English, here.